Monday, April 9, 2012

The Hunger Games - brief


Long story short....


It was long. I barely survived those 2 ½ hours but I think because I read the book and knew how everything turned out, it made it incredibly boring. Though, I do think because I read the book I understood the characters and how everything worked in the games; I followed the adaptation better than my friend who had only read the back of the book. It’s only rated PG so you don't see very many people being killed except for four or five, which was a disappointment from what I was expecting after reading the book. Some people complain that it is completely different from the book. I strongly disagree. I think it was extremely close to the book and that's why it was so long. They also say Jennifer Lawrence was a terrible choice for Katniss. Again, I disagree. The casting was very close and you could tell who was who if you knew the characters in the book, but then again, if you don’t it may be hard to follow. The ending doesn’t match the book, but the rest of the movie is incredibly close. I'm not saying it was a terrible movie, I am a fan, I have read the whole series, and as a fan, I was disappointed. If you haven’t read the books, the movie might be great. I can’t tell you how great it was from an outsider’s point of view. I, myself, was addicted to series and couldn’t get enough. Now, I don’t really want anymore. For anyone who hasn't see it and would like to, I have one thing to say: May the odds be in your favor. 

1 comment:

  1. <3 Greatjob Chloe! I feel proud of you! I'm glad you decided to release your talent to the world <3 Just wait for your amazing feedback <3

    ReplyDelete